(“GC” OR “GIVECLEAR”)
By using the Sites, you are deemed to agree to the terms of this Policy, so please do not use the Sites if you do not agree with these terms.
We may update this Policy at any time. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Policy on the Sites. If you visit the Sites following the effective date of the revised Policy, you will be deemed to have accepted the Policy’s updated terms.
I. What Types of Information Does GiveClear Collect?
GiveClear may collect both “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), which is information that identifies you as an individual, and other information from you when you use the Sites. For example, if you create an account on the Sites, we will collect PII consisting of your first and last name, and email address. If you submit funds to make a contribution, we will collect the payment PII you provide, and we offer you several choices regarding the type of payment information to provide. We also may collect PII from you if send us an email, letter by postal mail, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, or otherwise contact us.
The Sites also automatically collect information about you that is generally not PII (“Non-PII”) but relates to your use of the Sites. Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Non-PII is “passively” collected from you through browser navigational tools, such as cookies and pixel tags, that identify you only by your IP address -- the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you use to access the Sites. These types of technologies enable us to compile statistics about our daily number of Sites visitors or specific page requests, and to identify a webpage you may have visited before visiting the Sites. Currently, the Sites do not respond to a “Do Not Track” browser signal from a user.
Cookies are small data files that a website stores on the hard drive of the device through which a website user connects to the website. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. However, refusing a cookie may in some cases preclude you from using, or negatively affect the display or function of, the Sites or certain areas or features of the Sites. To learn more about cookies, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
By using the Sites, you are deemed to unambiguously agree to its use of any cookies that you do not disable.
II. How Does GiveClear Use the Information It Collects?
- Responding to and Fulfilling Your Requests - We will use your PII to fulfill your contribution and gift requests, as well as to respond to other requests you may make or questions you may raise, either through the Sites or by other means, such as by contacting us via email or phone.
- Providing Information – We will use your PII to provide you with updates and progress reports on your selected contributions and gifts, and to send you newsletters or other forms of information regarding charity events, resources or services that may be of interest to you.
- GiveClear Business Purposes – We use PII about you for GiveClear’s business purposes, such as to help us improve the Sites, including by requesting feedback from you and other users, and for related internal purposes such as data analysis, audits, enhancing the Sites, and identifying usage trends.
2. Other Information
We use non-PII to help us improve the Sites and the Services, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Sites. We may also use non-PII for other purposes, but if any such use involved combining the non-PII with any data so that it became identifiable to you or another person, we would then treat it as PII in accordance with this Policy.
III. With Whom Does GiveClear Share PII Collected Through the Sites?
- Charities - We share your contact information with the charities you select as recipients of your gift(s), unless you choose to give anonymously. We share this information with them solely for their use in contacting you about their initiatives, progress toward goals, and significant activities or achievements.
- Operational Partners and Third Party Service Providers - We share PII with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as the designer and operator of the Sites, others who assist us with technology, data analysis, or similar services, and with the payment processor we use to fulfill your contribution requests. We do not share PII with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may also share PII with entities such as our charity partners, educational institutions, and testing organizations for GiveClear outreach and analytical purposes, but not for use by any such entities for their own independent purposes.
- Acquirers or Assignees - In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of GiveClear or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the acquiring party or assignee.
- Entities Entitled Under Law. We may disclose PII as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances:
- when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Sites, including this Policy;
- to protect and defend our rights and property;
- vi. to protect the interests of GiveClear or others;
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
2. Other Information
We may share anonymized usage statistics with third parties to market our or our partners’ services, and we reserve the right to share other non-PII without restriction.
IV. How Can You Manage PII We Maintain?
- Updating or Correcting PII
If you would like to review, correct, update or remove PII about you that you previously provided to us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are not responsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the databases of third parties.
V. How Does GiveClear Protect and Maintain PII Collected Through the Site?
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via e-mail.
- Data Retention
We will retain PII about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, including the fulfillment of your requests. Accordingly, we may retain certain of your PII for up to two years, so that we can honor any requests you may make for adjustments to previously initiated transactions.
- Other Websites
VI. Collection of PII by Others Through Our Sites.
VII. Use of the Sites by Minors
None of the Sites is available for use by minors and we do not knowingly collect PII from any individuals under age 18. If you are under age 18 , please do not use the Sites or otherwise submit any PII to us.
VIII. International Transfers of Information
By using any of the Sites, you are deemed to unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of your PII in the United States, with the awareness that the laws of the United States may not provide as much protection for PII as the laws of certain other countries or territories.
IX. Contacting Us
1924 Cleveland Avenue, Suite 201
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203
Tel.: 1 (877) 946 2972